Back to Work!

Well I made it through my first week back to work. It was an unusually harder week because of the four days I spent in Vegas. I've had way more swelling and extra pain but I've been taking it easy all weekend and feel back to normal today. One of the things that scares me the most about returning to work is falling back into my old ways of thinking. With a stressful job like mine, it's so easy to let it consume you not only at work but after work as well. Here's my plan to not let that happen ever again:

- Consciously check in with how I'm feeling throughout the day. It's so easy for me to get lost in what I'm doing I lose track of how stressed I am. I need to bring my thoughts back to how I am feeling in order to assess my stress levels and take action if needed.

- Don't take on more than I can handle at work. I am still working on how to say no to my friends and family and I need to learn to say no at work too. I'm always the one who will take on extra projects, extra work, participate in too many committees, and am always helping others. I need to learn to prioritize what is most important to do my job well and if I have time, and really want to, I can add on all the extras. (But most likely I'll be heading home to see my husband. He is my priority over anything else.)

- Ask for help. I seriously have the best team I could ever ask for. While I was gone, they stepped up and really held down the fort well. I know without a doubt they can and are willing to help with whatever I need. It doesn't make me less of an employee if I need help. I just need to ask and then watch them do their magic.

- Not take others decisions for the department personally. I've always said that two heads are better than one so even if there are certain ideas from others I may not agree with, it's ok! I might not always have the best answer anyways and can learn from others.

- Be thankful everyday I have such a killer job. I could be unemployed or working a horrible job I hate but I'm not, and I'm thankful for that.

- Appreciate all the hard work I've done over the past six years and don't be so hard on myself. Perfectionism is not real and we all make mistakes. It's ok to just be ok sometimes.


Oh yeah, I finally relieved my new ultra compression socks from Amazon. Check out these sexy beasts!!



Comments

Popular Posts