PT and Tears

I had my first physical therapy appointment today.

I cried.

My therapist, Rachel, is awesome. She promises me she will get me back to 100% but, and I quote, "It's going to take a long time and it's going to hurt." My injury is one of the worse she's seen (not really surprised about that anymore). My range of motion is ridiculously small and the atrophy is severe.

"You might be limping with one crutch in three weeks. If you work really hard, you'll be limping with no crutches in about four weeks. After that, up to a year or more to get to 100%."

Tears just flow on their own these days and I don't try to stop them. Even though I'm always prepared for the worst news, it doesn't make it any easier when I hear it. I thought I'd be walking by now and I'm nowhere near walking yet. The good news is we are starting therapy three times a week in the pool. I love water so that's exciting. And she was impressed I was wearing a super sexy compression sock. Like I keep saying, I'm committed. I'd wear it on my head if it would help me heal faster.

Comments

  1. Hard news is always h a r d, even when we think we are prepared. Though I haven't known you that long, I feel that I know without a doubt you will be not only be walking but rocking all the activities you love to do. You'll have days that will just blow... but you will also have days with small successes that will make the time go by quickly. Hang in you already have the right attitude and your camera. Hello your photos are awesome too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts