My Cankle Sucks

Since my Doc told me I am able to put full weight on my ankle twelve days ago, there hasn't been much progress in my quest to walk again. I really thought I would be walking around by now (apparently I'm wayyy too optimistic). I am able to stand with 50% weight without much pain but anymore weight than that and my ankle cusses me out and punishes me by swelling up like a tree trunk shaped water balloon.

Just when I started to feel somewhat normal again, the weight and activity have really increased my pain and swelling on a regular basis.  Some days my ankle swells so much it spreads to my foot, toes, and even calf. Another issue I've had this week is my super sexy compression sock gave me a gnarly ingrown toenail overnight. I guess I had it on too tight. With the increased swelling around my toe and limited flexibility with my ankle, it was impossible to fix. I've been trying to tolerate an infected toe on top of a painfully swollen foot all week. It's been rough. I start Physical Therapy tomorrow morning so hopefully they will be able to help me.

So my lessons this past week?

1- Compression socks are like fried chicken. You really want it because it's so good but too much of it and you're up all night in pain.

2- Epson salt is worth it's weight in gold.

3- My ankle has turned into a sailor. It cusses at me more than my ghetto neighbor.

4- I still have a long ways to go and it's still very difficult. I still find myself sad some days but it's getting less and less.

5- I can load the dishwasher. I was really drugged up the last time I tried and all it took was moving to the other side of the door. #duh

6- My cankle is really really unattractive.  It looks way better with ice packs covering it up.


Comments

  1. With that kind of optimism, I'm sure everything will be fine soon. I'm just glad that you’re doing a lot better, and that your progress has been nothing but great. Anyway, thanks for taking time to share the things you have done to improve your condition! That will surely help people who encountered the same problem as you. I hope you're faring better, Jaimelee! All the best to you!

    Minda Mazer @ My Canton Chiropractor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts