Things I Miss

I am so happy to be where I'm at now. It's been a crazy journey with many ups and downs. I've learned so many new perspectives and I never thought there would have been anything about the past few months I would miss but there are some things I definitely miss about being laid up.

1. Being able to eat unlimited amounts of gelato with a legitimate excuse. Would anyone deny a crying, in pain, drugged up, and depressed girl with a broken ankle something as simple as gelato? Now, if I shove a quart of gelato down my throat, I'm just a pig. Oink oink.

2. Sleep. I really miss sleeping in everyday. I'm back to hating my alarm. I was so tired this morning I actually put my sexy compression sock on the wrong foot. I mean how could I have missed the huge scars and cankle? Sleep deprivation.

3. Hanging out with my dogs all day. I think they miss me too. I might be able to sneak the small old fat one with me to work one day but there's no way to hide the obnoxious loud coonhounds in my little office. (Although they could pull their weight by hunting down the pesky vineyard rabbits).

4. Low stress. I miss my only worries of the day being what time my next nap would be and whether to watch The Chew or Wendy Williams. You don't realize the toll the stress of life (job, bills, time, responsibilities) takes until you take a break from them for awhile and then return. It's like swimming underwater, so calm and peaceful in your own world, but then you have to come up for air and it's back to loud reality.

5. Time. Where does the time go? I knew I would look back and appreciate the time I was able to take to heal even though at the time I couldn't wait to get better. It's just shocking how fast it all goes by.



Comments

  1. Hello jamielee I am in Australia. I too suffered a trimalleolar fracture in late October and I'm eight weeks post op with a plate and ten screws. I found your blog very honest, informative and inspirational. It truly is a rotten injury to have and it tortures you both physically and emotionally. If you still check in to your blog may I ask how you are now with your recovery? Kind regards. Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen, I am so sorry! It's such an awful injury. Being back to work I have really slacked on my blog. I'm going to try to at least try to post here and there as I am still healing. I am doing better but still limping on bad days, swelling everyday, and still in pain (but manageable). I appreciate your kind words and wish you the best with your recovery! If you are on Facebook, search for the broken ankle/ foot/ leg group. It's really great!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts