Yee-haw!!!

After four seriously long months I was finally able to get myself up the two steps of the mounting block and then swing my leg over my horse and into my saddle. It was awesome but a little terrifying at the same time. What if he spooks and I'm not strong enough to stay on? What if he wants to RUN back to the barn because he's been making out with his girlfriend for four months and can't stand to leave her? What if I can't get my shoe (my boots still won't fit on my foot) out of the stirrup if he trips and falls and I need to bail?

Blah, blah, blah. The same old false story going on in my head. My only option was to get back in that saddle and face any fears I had head on. And that's what I did and guess what? I had an amazing ride, I felt strong, and Jake was perfect as always. He was so relaxed and calm, I swear he knew how much I needed him to be calm. Tony came with me and brought the coonhounds so they could get some exercise and snapped this pic. Each one of us is smiling but my smile was the biggest.



Comments

  1. If you need jake to carry you, he will carry you! So happy you're back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts