Life is Good

Its so amazing how both physically and mentally I've changed over the past couple of weeks. My husband keeps telling me my fight is both mental and physical and I won't disagree. I definitely improve physically quicker when my mindset is that of determination and no fear. It's the same as in life, things just go faster when you're determined and not afraid.

The medical equipment company is coming to pick up my wheelchair tomorrow. I'm definitely not sad about it. I did take one last picture just to remind myself how far I've come. Hopefully it won't be used by anyone else for a long time.


I've also been working on getting the rest of my house put back to normal. I gave my husband all of his boxers back, no more lounging around all day healing. I finally gave Shannon her TV tray that I stored all of my pills, water, books, and raw almonds on back. I can finally get up and get whatever I need now, so I don't need them within arms reach anymore. I moved the dog food back to the garage as I am capable of the two stairs now and moved the trash can back into the kitchen since I don't need a large space to maneuver a wheelchair through anymore.

I spent the past five days limping around with no crutches. I decided I am done with them. I know about being patient but I truly feel I'm ready. Plus if I don't push myself, I'll never heal. I'll see what my physical therapist thinks about it tomorrow morning when she sees my ankle but I'm certain she's going to be happy. Each day I get better and stronger. I even took my dog for the first walk today. It was only .60 of a mile but I've got to start somewhere. It literally was a dream come true.

While I still have a ways to go before I'm back to 100%, I've come so bloody far. I'm happy too. I feel simple. I will forever be thankful for the little things in life. It makes for a much happier existence. 

Comments

Popular Posts