Abandoned Shopping Cart Syndrome

I grew up with the typical shopaholics in my family. My Grandma, God bless her, loved to shop. Each year for my birthday we would hop in her car with the hot leather seats and she would take me shopping; just her and I. I could choose any outfit at the mall and she would buy it for me. We always had so much fun (her probably more than I) and looking back, I feel so blessed to have those memories of Grandma and I at the Hemet mall. But I turned into a wild teenager and sadly I don't even remember the year she stopped taking me. If she were here today I would thank her for those trips and I guarantee she would remember when stupid teenage stuff was more important than shopping with Grandma.

My Mom is also a shopaholic although she is in denial. As a kid we would spend hours searching for the best bargains. All I ever wanted to do was ride my horse and I was forced to watch my Mom search endlessly through the bargain bins at Sprouse Ritz for the clearance bag of candy molds. I know, I had a tough childhood, and I'm probably a little scarred. I can still smell the carob chips. Now she reserves her shopping time for the farmers market looking for the best deal on fresh huckleberries or a Pendleton outlet (which I can totally handle).

So needless to say, as an adult I'm still not a shopper. I still would rather be riding my horse than wasting time at the mall but since I'm not in riding shape, the internet fills my days. Mix boredom with a little bit of emotions and I find myself online shopping a lot. Although you can't really call it shopping because I fill my cart with virtual stuff and then abandon it. I googled it, because I thought I couldn't be the only one who does this and it turns out 75% of online shopping carts are abandoned. It seems there are a lot of super bored people out there who don't have a broken ankle excuse to have Abandoned Shopping Cart Syndrome.

So since I am all about healing not only my ankle but my spirit as well, I realized to heal myself from this syndrome, I would need to actually start buying stuff. Here's a picture of my newly arrived potato ricer and veggie spiralizer. My essential oil diffuser should be here Wednesday. Damn you Amazon one click button and free shipping! I think I may need help.


Comments

Popular Posts