10 Things I Can Do With a Broken Ankle

In the Spirit of positivity and healing, I had to balance my "can't" list from a couple weeks ago :) So to make us all feel better, here are 10 things I can do with a broken ankle. Some if these are new, as I'm improving everyday!

1. One legged squats. Lots of them. Every time I pee, one legged squat, every time I get out of bed, my chair, the couch, the car, one legged squats. My left leg is going to be like steel! In addition, I've started  a daily fitness routine provided to me by Susan from Polarize Crossfit. I've lost so much of my strength and have many months to go so I need to start fighting back. Here's a copy of my beginner workout.


 


2. Take relaxing baths. Since showers have been impossible and I have all of the time in the world, I've definitely upped my bath time. I've even traded my pouf for an old fashioned soft washcloth. It just feels better on my skin. My only problem is most of the time I'm so relaxed, I lose track of time and end up in cold bath water.

3. Use my boot to hold things. American flags on the fourth, my cell phone, the dog collar, the tv remote, and even my water bottle if I turn my foot just right. It's quite handy actually.

4. Sleep. I'm definitely a sleeper and have slept in every. single. day. since my accident. My dogs especially love this and gladly snuggle with me until lunchtime on some days. I figure I can't mess up lunch with a late breakfast so if I go back to sleep I'll be extra hungry for lunch. I also take naps. Lots of them. It takes a lot out of you to heal!

5. Eat ice cream. I have had no appetite since my accident. Most days I force myself to eat and when I do, I get nauseated. Everyone keeps telling me it's the meds. The only thing I have found that tastes good is fruity gelato and sprite. Which is funny because I never drink sprite and rarely eat ice cream.

6. See my beasties. I've seen Dina and Sue more this past few weeks than I had in months. I'm so happy to have them both as friends. 

7. Look at life with a whole new perspective. This is the biggest on this list. I look at everything so different now. I'm learning to save my energy for the most important things in life, things in my circle. It's ok to not be perfect. It's also ok to say no in order to protect what is most important. I know I cannot do everything and am ok with it.

8. Write. I've always loved writing. I read tons of blogs and have always thought one day I would start my own. Well, this was my opportunity and I took it! It feels so good to just write what I'm feeling with intentions of healing. 

9. Think. I've been deep in thought for this entire journey. When you can't do much, your mind will start thinking thoughts you never knew existed. My thoughts have been enlightening, scary, sad, inspiring, confused, angry, loving, grateful, and humble. 

10. Love. I have experienced such a deeper level of love through this. Love from others to me. My husband, my family, my friends have surronded me with so much healing love it's incredible and it feels so good! 

Comments

Popular Posts