What do you do to entertain yourself on 23 hour a day bed rest?

Everyone keeps asking me what I do all day to not go stir crazy. Here's a rundown of my average day. The excitement may be too much for you! Keep in mind having a broken ankle makes everything take way longer than normal. I'm basically on Aloha time.

2:00am- Alarm wakes me up to take pain medication. I realize the neighbors dogs do bark all night. Who is cooking bacon and eggs?

3:00am- Alarm wakes me up to take second type of pain medication. Bummed because I just fell asleep 10 minutes ago. Dogs are still barking.

6:00am Alarm wakes me up to take pain medication. Is Tony awake? I need to pee. As quiet as a five year old with bubble wrap and a kazoo I wheel myself to the bathroom. Tony is awake, uh, at least now he is. (Until I get my cast, I'm sleeping in the guest bedroom without the dogs. They like to jump on my legs.)

6:05am Start typing blog. I don't want to fall back asleep because I have to take medication at 7:00am. Dogs still barking. Rooster and Mockingbird had decided to chime in.

6:30am Tony comes in to see if I need anything and give me a kiss before he leaves for work.

7:00am. Take second type of pain medication. Type a couple sentences of blog and get distracted by:  www.http://gypsyville.com.

8:45am Wake up with phone on my face. I have typed rrgthyhygtddyhun into my blog with my nose. Erase rrgthyhygtddyhun and accidentally erase everything. I didn't like that start anyways. Start a fresh blog. Eat a Kind Bar and coconut water for breakfast.

10:00am Take pain medication. Take a shower/bath. Stay in the tub until the water turns cold. Struggle to get out of bathtub without slipping. Completely drains all my energy but I feel better.

11:00am Take second type of pain medication. Move camp from guest bedroom to the living room couch. This involves three trips with my wheelchair to carry medication, water sipper, pillows, and iPad. Become drenched in sweat from exertion.

11:15am Try to remember if I took pain medication or not. Pass out to James Taylor Radio on Pandora so I must have.

12:45pm Make lunch. Lunch is whatever I can reach in the fridge that can be eaten cold. If I'm feeling strong enough, I might microwave something. Watch TV while eating lunch. Play around online and on Pinterest.

2:00pm Find this online:


2:05pm "Like" everything on Facebook. Finish and post blog.

3:00pm Take second type of pain medication. Pee. Pass out.

4:30pm Tony gets home and wakes me up for dinner. I'm not hungry so I watch him eat. Chat about his day. Tell him about my day and show him this:

He doesn't think it's funny and neither do I anymore. Stalk some people on Facebook.

5:00pm Talk to my Mom on the phone.

6:00pm Take pain medication. Still not hungry but Tony wants me to eat. Eat a small dinner slowly while getting drooled on by dogs.

7:00pm Take second type of pain medication. Have conversation with husband either I won't remember or I'll nod off in the middle of. Usually I'll get a hug from him for it.

8:00pm Try to watch TV again.

9:00pm Make the trek back to guest bedroom. Tony helps me move everything so it only takes one trip. Clean up in bathroom.

10:15pm Dozed off and am late taking medication. Ankle is on fire! Stalk on Facebook one more time.

11:00pm Take second type of pain medication and turn on alarms. Fall asleep but not until I have "jumped" 2-3 times from being uncomfortable. My ankle reminds me it's broken and to try not to "jump".










Comments

Popular Posts