Time

Time is such a funny thing. We constantly complain that we never have enough of it, and then when we have a lot of it, we want it to speed up.

The three months it took for me to get out of a wheelchair and be able to walk with crutches after my accident seemed like it would never end. I remember sitting in my wheelchair in my living room crying because I couldn’t handle how long it was taking for my body to heal. I wasn’t really able to appreciate what a gift the Universe had handed me and I couldn’t wait for those three months to be over with so I could jump right back into my busy life. Looking back at it now, it was just a tiny blip on my forty two year timeline. It flew right by.

Once I was healed, and back to my normal life of managing time (or lack of time), I longed for the days that used to seem like they took forever again. The days where my biggest tasks were just making sure I got out of bed, that I drank enough water, and I was able to eat a couple of healthy meals and I had all day to do it. Those days when time was the slowest, was when I learned the most about myself. Where I had the biggest internal shifts and the most self realizations. I was forced to slow down and confront the things in my life that weren’t working, the things that were no longer serving me. 

It was truly life changing stuff. 

Now I find myself back in a similar position- without a shattered ankle and wheelchair. Only this time I understand what a gift this is and I am open and allowing whatever this time brings. I am sure it will also be just as life changing. This time though, I am not alone. The whole world is going through the same thing. What I can say from experience, is you can either appreciate this as a gift and allow the internal shifts and self realizations while confronting the things that don’t serve you anymore, or you can watch the time fly right by and jump back into your old life when this is all over. It’s up to you. 





Comments

Popular Posts