I am too, grateful for the Coronavirus pandemic.

I read an article tonight that really articulated what I have been feeling this week. 


I am too, grateful for the Coronavirus pandemic. 

Don’t get me wrong, I am sorry for all the loss, for all the businesses struggling, for all the loss of life, for all the anxiety and stress.

But I choose to see the good in this. I am grateful for the amount of love, compassion, and kindness that is being shown all over the world and it re-lights my fire. I am grateful for how Mother Gaia has finally stood up for herself and screamed at the top of her lungs that change is inevitable for her survival, for our survival.  I am grateful for how people are questioning whether continuing to mass produce farmed animals is what is best for our health. 

To me these are all wins.

But on a more personal level, I am grateful for un-disrupted time with my husband. We have had the most amazing and deep conversations this week- I feel so connected to him again. I am grateful to be able to slow down, sleep in, and have time to really think about what is important for my future; what it is I still want for my life. I am grateful I am coming back in sync with the rhythms of nature- waking up when the sun rises and feeling the barometric pressure drop when rain is coming. You see, I had been so consumed in “existing” and keeping up those things that had been lost to me for so long. 

A few questions came up while writing this that I urge you to think about. This will be a huge period of change, albeit some of it will be tough, I do believe we will all end up so much more connected and better because of this. 

What if this is a way to start over and do the things you really want to do? 

What if you can rekindle your marriage/relationships to what it was when you fell in love with them?

What if you could quit your job you have no passion for and do what you have always dreamed to do? 

What if you can get your health back and become the healthiest version of yourself to date?

All of this is very much possible- you just have to want it. Change is good, it is why we are here experiencing this human existence.


Comments

Popular Posts