Ain't Nothing but a Little Snow

Yesterday was my nine month mark after my accident. I would have thought that my nine month mark would have been fairly unspectacular except I did this:


















That's a big, steep mountain and it snowed. It snowed all day while we hiked it. It was only 6.5 miles with 2000 foot elevation gain but it snowed, a lot. 8" at the top to be exact. I remember a time in my life pre ankle universe life lessons that I gave up at the junction 1 mile below the peak on this hike. I couldn't make it to the top. It was the same amount of snow, I was just as cold but I gave up! This time I wanted to stop at the same point but I couldn't. I had to keep going to prove to myself I am stronger than I was before.

I've done harder trails than this by five fold. But this was a new level to where I've been post accident and where I'm going. What a great nine month marker. I feel good, strong, and happy.

Comments

Popular Posts