Yoga Bliss and an Apology

Awe, life. It's a crazy thing isn't it? It feels like the past couple months I've been away from writing has just literally flown by. I guess it's inevitable, the better you get, the less time you have for blog writing. I miss it, I'm sorry I've left you all, and I've realized pain killers were a bit of a muse to me :) Call me Charles Dickens!

I'll have to reach down and find some sober writing creativity because my surgeon cut me off of the good narcotics. It's for an awesome reason though, my pain has really improved and on bad days, plain old boring Tylenol does the trick. I still have some sleeping (or lack of) issues but I am managing OK. Well here's what I've been up to the past couple months. It's been exciting, but I am still mindful of all the lessons I have learned over the last 7 months.

1. I've hiked. Yes, real hikes. I can't go much further than 5 miles and going up and down steep hills is very difficult because my ankle is still pretty stiff but I've hiked. Hiking makes me so happy. Happier than Norco with a Dilaudid chaser.

2. I can get on and off my horse without a mounting block. I'm back to being a real cowgirl again. Not some prissy mounting block user.

3. The day I broke my ankle, I had planned on joining my local yoga studio. Well obviously that was put on hold until last month. It has changed my life even further. Not only does it help me so much with being mindful of everything I've learned, it has progressed my ankle healing so much more than PT. It's really my thing. It's bringing me back physically and mentally plus my husband loves my ass in yoga pants.

4. I've been helping my husband with his new adventure, Hike it Off clothing company. We really love hiking and maybe one day, will be able to do it full time.

5. I appreciate everyday. Even if it's a bad day, it's still better than being dead or in surgery, or eating hospital food.

I still have a ways to go though. My surgeon thinks I won't be fully recovered for at least 6 more months. There is a lot of scar tissue and trama still and it takes time. But it's ok. It is what it is. My next blog, I'll post pics of my scars!!!

Comments

  1. Yeah! Love the update and your outlook. Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts